Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Beach Fishing

Guest post written by my buddy Brian Workman


My favorite thing to do, that I don't get to do very often, is spend a day at the beach. I love the smell of the salty air and the feeling of the breeze blowing my hair. It brings back memories of when I was a child and my parents used to take us there. We would all pile in dad's old trusty station wagon and head down to the public beach for a nice say trip. Now that life has become so busy, I rarely get time just to visit the beach anymore. My father used to pay a nickle for us to walk out on the pier and we would watch people catch massive stingrays and sharks. Just the other day on Direct TV Jersey, on one of those fishing shows, I saw a man catch a shark like the ones we used to see. They were fishing out of a boat though, not off a pier. They would hook one of these mammoth creatures and struggle for hours to reel him in.

No comments:

Your Ad Here