Thursday, October 27, 2011

Rude People With Stupid Crap Coming Out of Their Mouths

I saw a post awhile ago on another blog where someone had made a list of the rude things people said to her at one point. It was so long ago, I don't even remember what it was about, but I put it on my Rant list for this blog (yes, I have a list, haha).

After my twins were born, of course it was very obvious that they were twins because we were carrying around two infants. I absolutely hated going to the store with all of the kids because it never failed, someone would always stop us to talk about the twins or make some rude comment. Don't get me wrong, a lot of nice people commented on our twins (in fact, Ben Rothlisberger's parents came up to us in the mall and told us how adorable our kids were). The reason I got so frustrated was, for one, that I hated going to the store any way and I just wanted to get in and get out without being stopped by strangers that know nothing about us. The other reason, was because of the rude ass stuff people used to say. Here we go:

"Are they twins? Oh My God! Better you than me!"


"Twins? .. I'd kill myself!"


"Don't you know how that happens??"


and one that really got on my nerves was, "oh, you are so blessed, God  wouldn't have given you more than you could handle". It sounds nice enough, right? But, first of all, I am not a religious person. Second of all: I did not want any more babies for a long time. After having my oldest and realizing how difficult a newborn can be, we wanted to wait a few years. My dumbass doctor gave me the wrong dose of birth control and I ended up pregnant with twins when our oldest was only 4 months old. We were not financially ready for another baby. Hell, we could barely afford diapers. Mentally, I wasn't ready for another one. Having the twins so soon after the first was soo stressful. The last fucking thing I needed was for people to make snotty little comments about it, or telling me how blessed I am.. when I usually cried every day!

Now, don't get me wrong, of course I love my kids. That time in my life was just very difficult, but I did make it through and now I enjoy having the kids so close in age (well, most of the time). I just wish people would THINK before they open their big fucking mouths, especially to a stranger that they know nothing about. These people didn't know us, didn't know our situation, didn't know anything about us. Now, all of our kids look different; the twins don't look anything like, even have different hair color, so no one usually realizes that they are twins. Once in a blue moon someone will ask if they are twins and mention their blue eyes. I'm actually glad that they aren't identical. People say a lot of stupid ass shit.

4 comments:

iYamALCApwn said...

omg I know how you feel!!!! I just had my son a month ago... and babies are tough, I'm learning that lesson. If I had twins in three more months... I have no idea what I'd do. I'm sure you had more than one 'oh shit' moments. I used to want three kids... now I'm good with one. I'll have another with my mexican soldier eventually... but he gets diaper duty... everything else I can handle. Kudos to you for the twins! I understand the frustration with the comments to, especially if it was soon after they were born, your hormones would've been all fawked up. I can't wait for my hormones to balance out. I'm taking this post as hope that it gets better! I'm only on month one with my newborn. I can't wait for him to be a toddler.

Unknown said...

It definitely does get better! I remember how I couldn't wait for mine to be toddlers and to do different things. Now they are in 1st and 2nd grade, and getting more independent every day. In fact, a few weeks ago, right before my oldest one's 8th birthday, he asked me, "when I'm 8, will I be old enough to be in charge??". Thinking that he could babysit his brother and sister when we were gone! hahaha!! The time will go fast though. I know everyone says that, but it really does. Before I know it, they will be teenagers. I think that is even scarier.

Shell said...

People really do say some incredibly stupid stuff to moms!

I got a lot of "Don't you know how that happens?"

Unknown said...

Haha, Shell, I so badly want to say, "YES! I do know how that happens, that's why I was on birth control but my idiot doctor gave me the wrong dose!".

Now, I can say that I have actually asked someone if they knew how pregnancy happens, but this was when a friend of mine was crying over being pregnant for the 3rd time and when I asked what kind of birth control they used, she said NONE!. Well, wtf do you expect then??

Your Ad Here