Sunday, March 2, 2008

For the bullies out there!

I found this video lastnight and loved it! This is for all of the people like me who were tormented and abused as a child growing up! I'm not talking about physical abuse I'm talking about mental abuse from classmates throughout school. I am living PROOF that this kind of abuse can leave lasting effects on a person. I am 30 years old and still have a horrible self image and very low self esteem because of being told as a child and teenager that I was ugly and fat and not worth anything!

People need to start teaching their children from an early age to treat everyone equally! Don't judge others based on skin color, hair color, height, weight, or appearance in general! We should all treat others with the same respect we want to be treated with!!

2 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

Wow. That's dark. I know; it's based in reality. I hope the person who made the video feels better, since he/she was obviously feeling horrible at the time it was made. You're rigth; we have to raise our kids to be tolerant, because I think being intolerant comes more naturally in our society.

I'm sorry you were harassed/bullied. That sucks. I teach middle school, so I try to make a difference every day in the lives of kids who might be bullied. Every little bit counts.

Unknown said...

Good for you! it's nice to see that someone is standing up for the "little" people that usually are just pushed to the back and forgotten!!

Your Ad Here