Monday, February 26, 2007

Why are men such babies??

Women, I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about! Men are sometimes almost impossible to be around when they are sick!

For most of us women, when we are sick we just suck it up and do what needs to be done: the cleaning, taking care of the kids and other household chores and/or work. However, when a man is sick he tends to think or atleast act as if he is dying! He will just lie around the house whining and moaning every 5 minutes about how horrible he feels expecting us to cater to his every need and baby him as if he were a child! Who babies us women when we are sick? No one! We still have to get everything done!

Why is it that men think that when they are sick with a common cold or flu that it's the end of the world? I once had a customer through my work at home job complain and whine about being sick and had the nerve to make the comment, "you women have pregnancy and child birth while we have the 'man flu'." I couldn't help but laugh while he went on to explain that it's a "proven fact" that when men get sick it is a lot worse than when women get sick! I then replied with, "no, it's just that men tend to complain more than women do!". That didn't make him too happy and we quickly changed the subject!

The reason I decided to write this rant is because I spent this past weekend with my husband (as I stated before we are separated but trying to work things out). He had been sick all week and was still sick this weekend and I spent all weekend listening to him moan and whine! It ruined my weekend and I absolutely dread it when he starts getting sick because I know what I'm going to have to put up with! Maybe I'm sounding a bit harsh or uncaring but my children don't whine as much when they are sick as he does! I think sometimes he does it just for my attention because when it comes to working to make money he will actually suck it up and go out and do what he has to do, but when he comes home it's a whole different story! Men are funny that way. They always want to act so tough and hardcore until they get a wittle cold!

No comments:

Your Ad Here