Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Part of the Community


Thanks for the post from Stan Atkins


I completely love living in San Francisco. I’m originally from the Alabama, which is very conservative, so San Francisco has been a great change of pace for me. Living in the South I always felt out of place because of my liberal political and social views. My friends and family were constantly criticizing me and trying to get me to change. I know they meant well, but I just always felt different and like an outsider. As I got older, this behavior just got more annoying, and I didn’t want to hear it anymore. I decided I had to make a move when I was 25, and it was definitely the right choice. When I got to San Francisco it was like an awakening for me. There are actually other people who think like me! Everyone from San Francisco wireless internet providers to the owner of the corner store is concerned with the same things I am. People here want to be environmentally friendly and socially conscious. I’m so glad I finally made the move and feel like a part of the community I live in.


No comments:

Your Ad Here