Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Women and Child Support

Here's my rant of the week, or month.. whenever I feel like blogging: Women and the Child Support system.

First of all, I'm tired of all of these immature little girls (that don't even deserve to be called women yet) that wont let their child's father see his own kid. It is one thing if there is a sincere reason to believe your child will be in danger, however this is typically not the case. Women will keep their ex away from their child for petty reasons, or just to get even with them because they left, or hurt them. They think they are getting back at their kid's dad, but they are only hurting their child! Do they not realize that when that kid grows up and sees that it was his mom that kept his father away, that child will end up hating you for it? Do you not realize that a child needs a father in his life? Even if you think that your boyfriend, or current fling is a good father figure, he's not the biological father. Let your child see his own dad! When my husband and I split up, I was soo angry and hurt because of him and it would have been easy for me to tell him, "no, you can't see the kids".. but I didn't want to do that to my children because I know how much they love him. People like me and my husband grew up without a father in our life, because our dad's just didn't give a shit. We know what it's like to hurt, and wonder about our father, and wish we had that male role model in our life. Do you want your child to go through that just because you are being a selfish little bitch? If your ex wants to see his kid, LET HIM! I know mother's that will bribe their ex by telling them, "I will let you see your kid if you give me more money" (even though they pay child support already), or if you do this or that. Your child is not a THING! It is a human being; treat it like one!

This leads us to the whole child support thing. Ugh. This subject just pisses me off the more I think about it. Ok, first of all, child support enforcement is good when the dad is just a dead beat dad that doesn't care about his child, however I think the child support system needs to be ran better. They try to say that it's "for the children", but they don't give a crap about your kids, all they care about is that extra fee THEY get out of it. Most child support case workers treat all dads (and yes, some women) like dead beat pieces of crap. They are rude and nasty whenever the other parent calls in with a question. I've heard this from many, many different people who live in different counties and states. They will leave the father high and dry with nothing. I know people who work 40-50 hours a week, and go home with $90 in their pocket, because the rest of their check went to the mother, who sits on her ass and refuses to work. How is this FAIR? How is the father supposed to survive? No one can live on $95 a week! Oh, and if the mother goes on welfare, they will make the FATHER pay welfare back, too, on top of the child support! Are you freakin kidding me?? If the father has other kids at home to take care of, child support doesn't care about that. They are SUPPOSED to take other children into consideration when figuring up the amount to be paid for child support, but if the mother whines about it, it wont change. Then a lot of times, these men work their asses off only to have 3/4 of their check taken, and still don't get to see the kid because the mom wont let him! Child support wont do anything about that, they will just tell you that you have to get a lawyer to get visitations. Well, how the Hell is anyone supposed to afford a lawyer on $95 a week?? There just has to be a better way to run the child support system, and BOTH parents should be held accountable for their kids. It's not run fairly at all. Also, I know men who have been sent to jail because they got laid off and couldn't pay child support for a month, while there are others who haven't paid anything in 10 years and they don't get jail time or any kind of penalty. What's wrong with this??

Blah, I feel much better now after getting this all out. I'm not just speaking from my own experience (well my husband's experience) with child support, I've heard the same stories from people all over the state of Ohio and even other states. Most Child Support agencies are run the same way, and something needs to change.

2 comments:

Dr. Heckle said...

I agree. There are SO many holes in our system that it's not even funny. It's amazing that these are issues at all.

Kym Robinson said...

you aint kidding.. im from cincinnati and let me tell you that my x-husband is 18,ooo+ on child support .. now even tho over the pase 10 years on and off he has paid but never steady... I have always let my kids see their dad. that is just wrong to punish the kids .. it is bad enough that all thee kids are growing up in the most unstructured homes but to just be cruel is not just! Some of these moms really need their ass kicked for being such stubborn b*t*ches!

Andrea
http://buildmylists.com :)

Your Ad Here