Friday, January 16, 2009

Ohio winter and stupid people!

I grew up in Ohio and have hated winter time ever since I can remember! Well, ok, I guess I liked it as a child because it meant snow days off from school! Now as an adult we don't get snow days, but I guess I can't complain too much since I work from home and don't have to go out in this crap.

I had to cancel a few plans because of the weather. It's difficult to plan things ahead of time in Ohio or any area where there is a lot of snow because you never know when the snow will decide to fall! I hate winter because it's cold and miserable! You have to put on 5 layers of clothing just to go outdoors and if you have children you have to get them all bundled up in coats, hats, gloves, boots! You can't do much outdoors because it's too cold. If you want to go play in the snow you really can't stay outside long because it's cold and wet in the snow! The windows in the house have to be shut and locked so that means you are stuck inside with stale air all of the time.. no wonderful fresh air to breathe in!

Driving.. well, you would think that most people would know how to drive in the snow here in Ohio. Some people still drive like idiots in the ice and snow. They think because they have a fancy car they can still drive fast on the snow and ice or if they have a big SUV that means they can drive normally on the ice?? Hmm, you would be surprised how many cars we have seen off the side of the road in the ditch! Now, don't get me wrong, there are instances where the roads are soo bad that no matter how slow you are going you can still lose control. Believe me, it's happened to me before... but the people that take no precautions on the ice and snow deserve it to be honest! Oh and let's not forget the idiots that decide to stay right on your bumper despite the ice and the snow, knowing FULL well that if you start to slide they are going to run right into me and they wont be able to stop in time! DUH!

So, anyway.. last month we got a huge ice storm which was just HORRIBLE! You couldn't hardly walk on the ice let alone DRIVE on it.. or STOP on it for that matter! It lasted for days and days, too but it eventually did melt.

Then a week ago it snowed.. and it snowed.. and it snowed.. Snowed for like 4 days non stop. The snow just kept piling up and piling up. We had so much snow that we almost couldn't get our front screen door open because the snow was THAT high! The kids loved playing in it though and so did the dog! The snow is here but now the temperature is horribly low (-8 last time I checked) and the wind chills are supposed to get down to between -20 and -30 tonight. My kids don't understand that it is just TOO cold to play out in the snow today! Also, our idiot neighbors have 2 dogs that they keep caged up in this tiny little fenced in kennel. They have ONE little igloo dog house for them, but that's all of the shelter they get! I never see them get any attention from their owners and they never get to run or have any kind of exercise. They leave them outdoors 24/7. The other night they were barking and howling all night.. poor things probably thought they were going to freeze to death!!! They seem to be fine today despite the frigid temperatures but I still think it's awful! Why get animals if you are going to just abandon them in the freezing cold like that to freeze to death?? UGH!

So that's my rant.. WINTER .. and stupid pet owners!... Ooh and a little slide show of the snowy weather!

1 comment:

Jane Doe said...

I live in Minnesota and the people here are idiots too when it comes to driving in the snow. All the people with their big SUVs ride my tail as if they are impervious to sliding on the ice. Four wheel drive may be good when it comes to snow, but it is of no help when there's an inch of ice on the roads.

The funny part is that they drive like maniacs in the snow but if it rains they all freak out and drive two miles an hour. Go figure.

Your Ad Here