Monday, March 29, 2010

High School Reunion


A few weeks ago I got a facebook invitation to my class reunion. I won’t say how many years because when I say it out loud it makes me sound really old! There is a facebook group for my graduating class, however only a few people from the group are on my friends list. I was thinking about going to the reunion this year, but then I was looking through photographs from the last reunion, and I thought to myself, I have not one single reason why I would want to see any of those people again. Ok, well maybe I wouldn’t mind seeing a few of them, but the rest of them.. gah!

My high school years pretty much sucked. I had a small group of friends, but most of the people in my class were either annoying prissy jock preps, or loud mouthed annoying assholes. Neither group I cared to associate with. In school I was extremely shy and insecure. I had my group of friends that I was comfortable with, but I didn’t go out of my way to talk to any of them, or vice versa. Some of them were complete assholes who thought it was fun to poke fun at the fat, quiet girl who wouldn’t stand up for herself (yeah, you were really tough, huh?). The other ones were just annoying to the point of making me want to stab myself in the eye with a spork at the mere sound of their voice.

Don’t get me wrong, there were a few people that were friendly to me, and I do remember those that were. The ones that I did consider to be a friend I am in contact with through places like myspace and facebook. The other ones… hmm, do I REALLY want to spend money and time with them when I didn’t like them in the first place? No. I think I will pass on the reunion. I have better things to do with my time, and there are not enough sporks in the world to make me want to spend it with these people!

On a serious note, I hope that some of these people know what they did to me. Some of my high school years were pure torture. I was made fun of, teased and taunted. It killed my self esteem. I spent most of my life hating myself and feeling worthless because of it. It was a form of abuse, and back then I wasn’t strong enough to stand up for myself, or fight back. I just took it. I hope some of them have grown up, and I hope they teach their children to be better. I just wish I had the backbone back then that I do now. I used to let everyone walk all over me, I was too insecure to do anything about it. BUT, I’m a better person now, and I know that I’ve always been a good person. I do hold grudges though, and these people will always be a pile of shit in my eyes.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Go to your reunion and rise above the bullies, they are all probably living in trailers with their dog.

Unknown said...

Eh, well, I've already risen above them. Way far above them. That's why I don't feel the need to even give them any of my time. I will find something better to do that night, lol.

Your Ad Here