Thursday, November 6, 2008

The present economy and our future!

Wow the economy has really gone on a downward spiral since I last wrote in here.. I guess maybe other people are feeling it a bit more than I am just because, well, Im used to being broke so it's nothing new to me! Seems everyone is struggling now, jobs are harder to get because everyone is looking for a job. So many places are laying off and like always, just in time for the holidays.. These corporate rich people sure know the best time to lay people off and ruin the holidays for the entire family, eh?

I am quite happy though with the gas prices going back down.. My husband told me today that the gas station by his job is down to $1.97! I never thought I would see prices that low again considering that just 2 months ago it was over $4.00! It's nice to be able to fill up for half of the price now.. I just hope it stays this way for awhile!

I hear a lot of people talk about how hard they are struggling right now.. that they can't pay their bills or can't afford food or this or that.. Like I said, I'm used to it, so it's not that much of a big deal to ME, lol.. I guess some people don't realize that there IS help out there!! Maybe people just have too much pride to ask for assistance but sometimes you need to swallow your pride and ask for it.. your family needs it!! If you are considered low income you can get help for food and healthcare. I dont know about in other states, but right now in Ohio Social Services is helping out with a lot of things! If you have a family of 5 and make less than $4000 a month you can qualify for gas cards totalling $400 or $800 if two adults in the home are working full time! That is a lot of gas!! They also have a utility assistance program where they are offering to help up to $700 towards utility bills! If you only have one vehicle in the family and it needs repairs they will help with that as well! There is all kinds of help out there, you just have to find out! We have all paid taxes and we deserve to get the help when we need it.. I guess if you make too much money and don't qualify then stop whining about it because there are people A LOT worse off than you are!

People also might not know about other utility assistance programs. Most electric companies and gas companies have the PIP (Percentage of Income Program) which is where they take your income, consider how many family members you have.. etc and they figure out what they think you can afford each month for utilities. It is usually much lower than what your normal bill would be! Also, HEAP (Home Energy Assistance Program) helps out considerably with heating bills in the winter time! If you are struggling, get the help that you need!

I dont know what the future holds for this country. I think it's a bit scary. Im really tired of hearing about Obama.. being called "the black jesus" and the new "messiah".. are you freaking kidding me?? Isn't it blasphemy to call anyone else Jesus or the Messiah?? I find it a bit frightening to think this is what people are considering this man to be!.. I don't like getting into political conversations. I think he has some good ideas, but I dont trust the man, to be honest... but apparently everyone else believes every word out of his mouth as if it were the bible. I think that is just wrong in itself to feel that way about anyone!

I know I might anger some people with this, but damn it, I am soo sick of hearing about how everyone is crying in happiness or celebrating because a black man has made it to the presidency. Do you people forget that his mother is WHITE and his father is black?? So he is BOTH white and black! His black father left him and his white mother raised him.. then his white grandparents raised him.. so he was essentially raised white! I dont want to make this a racial issue but damn, I'm tired of hearing about it!!!.. I HOPE that he follows through with all of his promises, but something inside of me tells me that his followers are in for a BIG let down. .. and that is exactly what they are.. his followers.. scary.

No comments:

Your Ad Here