Saturday, January 30, 2010

I don't care about Haiti!

"Shame on you America: the only country where we have homeless without shelter, children going to bed without eating, elderly going without needed meds, and mentally ill without treatment - yet we have a benefit for the people of Haiti on 12 TV stations."

This is a post I have seen being passed around Facebook and through text messages. I may sound a little heartless and cold, but I totally agree!

First, let me say that I do feel sympathy for those in Haiti who have lost everything, however, I think it is damned ridiculous that the United States has sent them literally MILLIONS of dollars to help them when their country wasn't even worth that much to begin with! Why are we always trying to take care of other countries instead of taking care of our OWN country? People here are losing their jobs, their homes, everything they have! Over the Christmas season, the Red Cross was taking donations to help those in need and could not even reach their goal, but we can send $millions$ to people we don't even know?? Are you freakin' kidding me?? So, people are not willing to help people in their own country but are willing to dig in their pockets and help strangers? What is wrong with this picture here?? I am disgusted at America right now and I am sick and tired of hearing about Haiti! Call me callous, call me heartless, I don't care.

2 comments:

三八 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
pandora said...

i give you a hells yeah........i like your attitude.....and your blog is great...maybe you will come on over to mine and have a read,,,,

Your Ad Here